What To Do When You Hate Your Job
Dec22

What To Do When You Hate Your Job

Tweet They don’t call it work because it is fun. Work is something we all do, it is a necessary evil for most and a total joy for some. If you are one of the 20% who love your job and what you do for a living, be thankful. For the other 80% of you reading this, know that there is a way out of the situation you are in now…but you have to take action to make it happen. For the last 23 years I have been employed with the same company....

Read More
Failure Equals Success
Nov10

Failure Equals Success

Tweet No one likes to fail. There isn’t one person reading this that begins something with the intent to fail at it. When someone studies for an exam, then sits for the exam, they don’t whisper under their breath, “oh I hope I fail this”. No, we all intend to succeed. However, when it comes to succeeding, you most likely will  have some if not a lot of failures first. The other day I was sitting in a shareholders meeting of a company...

Read More
Live Like You Lost Your Job
Oct12

Live Like You Lost Your Job

Tweet One common theme I am getting from my clients is that they have lost their job and now cannot meet their bills.  As you read this you may be in the same situation. Businesses are cutting back on their expenses and even though the employee is what I consider to be  the biggest assets of a company, it is also one of their biggest liabilities as well.  I have seen employers release individuals who have been with them for 20 years,...

Read More
Preparing For A Job Interview
Aug12

Preparing For A Job Interview

Tweet Whether you have a job and are looking for a change or you don’t have a job and you are looking to get one, you will eventually have to go through the interview process. First what is an interview? Many people think an interview is a one way conversation, to an extent it is as the employer has the majority of the control in the situation. They will ask you questions about yourself, your qualifications, and determine if you are...

Read More
Debt and the Company You Keep
Jun15

Debt and the Company You Keep

Tweet You have heard “your only as good as the company you keep” or “Birds of a feather flock together, “A smart man surrounds himself with smart people”, “If you hang around with trash, you will be seen as trash.” These sayings are usually a different way of saying you are judged by your friends or those you hang around with.  Many times, especially to children or young adults we say these...

Read More
I Lost My Job, Now What?
Jun09

I Lost My Job, Now What?

Tweet Short of losing a loved one either through divorce or death, losing your job is one of the most stressful life changing  events you will experience.  It is stressful both emotionally and physically.   It can be a huge knock to your self esteem.  You may feel like a failure.  In some cases, you may have family members who blame you for the job loss.  You may even feel that you want to just give up due to the heavy financial...

Read More
10 Things Our Grandparents Did With Money
Apr27

10 Things Our Grandparents Did With Money

Tweet First off, when I reference Grandparents, I am referencing those who were born in the late 1890’s to early 1900’s. In my opinion, that was the smartest generation.   Actually, I even think my great grandparents were even smarter when it came to money, but for the sake of this post the two can be intertwined. When it comes to investing money, many people today look at what the super rich do, people like Donald Trump or Warren...

Read More